Junior Project & Content Coordinator
C&G Partners, an established New York City multi-specialty design studio, seeks a junior-level project & content coordinator for non-profit and corporate exhibit design projects. We are looking for a highly organized self-starter, able to communicate effectively with clients, designers, scholars, curators and others to and others to help deliver a high-quality design package on time and on budget. Our studio is unique: we undertake projects for culture and commerce that involve multiple kinds of in-house design specialists at the same time, from media designers, to architects, graphic designers, writers and more.
Provide overall administrative and research support under the guidance of senior staff. The junior project & content coordinator will execute tasks at various stages in project cycles, from preliminary planning through final design and implementation. These efforts will be in conjunction with internal project and content teams, as well as external stakeholders. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Scheduling meetings and coordinating internal design team<
• Managing project assets and files
• Participate in (and travel for) client meetings as needed
• Assist with the development of presentation and milestone deliverables
• Assist with the management of client and scholar reviews of materials
• Preliminary research and identification of basic resources for establishing an initial understanding of project subject matter
• Assist in development of comprehensive research plans tailored to the needs of individual projects and assist in executing them
• Undertake research online, in applicable secondary sources, and in primary source archival and artifact collections; review of client provided indexes and summaries of collections
• Brainstorm new content and storyline ideas with teams and develop existing content
• Maintain complex charts tracking types of content, responsibilities, progress, and problems
• Assist efforts to synthesize research results for both content deliverables to client and finding aids/tools for internal teams—e.g. content outlines, matrices, and storylines
• Participate in meetings by phone and in person with prominent scholars, curators, practitioners,
• Support image acquisitions process and artifact acquisition process
• Researching and documenting rights and permissions for exhibit content
Excellent verbal and written communication skills arekeyto successfully collaborate with our teams and communicate with clients. 4-year college degree or equivalent in a relevant field is required. Applicants must possess a minimum of 1-3 years of professional or internship experience.
Competence in Microsoft Office word processing and spreadsheet programs on a Macintosh platform. Demonstrated ability to conduct in-depth research; to develop summaries and reports of research conducted; and to synthesize results of that research. Use of material culture and imagery to inform interpretation in museum exhibits a plus. Excellence in writing. Presentation and communication ability. Planning and organizational ability and aptitude.
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, scheduling / Gantt chart software, standard communications software, web collaboration tools, FTP, etc. Experience in museum databases and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Compensation commensurate with salary history.
Please provide resume, portfolio link or portfolio PDF (if applicable) and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Junior Project & Content Coordinator" in the subject. Email replies only please.