UX Designer / Project Manager for Digital Design and Development Projects
C&G Partners, an established New York City multi-specialty design studio, seeks a mid-level UX designer with project management skills for website and kiosk design and development projects. We are looking for a “T-shaped” UX designer with 2-4 years experience, who is a highly organized self-starter, analytical, attuned to content, attentive to details, and able to communicate with clients, designers, and developers, to help deliver high-quality website projects on strategy, on time, and on budget. Our studio is unique: we undertake projects for culture that involve multiple kinds of in-house design specialists at the same time, from media designers, to architects, graphic designers, content developers, coders and more.
UX tasks and responsibilities may be in a leading or supporting role, depending on the complexity of the project and experience of the candidate:
• Support the creation of user and stakeholder interview guides and surveys; conduct interviews and research in person or remotely
• Author user personae and develop strategic project objectives
• Conduct content audits and competitive reviews
• Develop experience strategies and content strategies
• Develop requirements and feature lists
• Develop information architecture and design navigation models
• Design wireframes, with sensitivity towards content, systems, and information design
• Plan and conduct card sorting, navigation testing, and usability testing
• Develop and maintain content matrices
• Experience iterating UX design with prototyping tools a plus
Project management responsibilities may be taken on immediately or developed, depending on the experience of the candidate. Successful candidate will be an important and equal part of the design team, and will collaborate with designers and developers. General duties include:
• Client interfacing
• Coordinating internal and external meetings
• Scheduling and logistics
• Tracking and reporting on design and development progress
• Managing project assets
• Taking effective meeting and teleconference notes
• Helping ensure projects run effectively
• Technical management a plus, including:
— Coordinating designers and front-end developers
— Coordinating local and remote front-end developers and back-end development teams
— Reviewing technical specifications
— Feature validation/user acceptance test support
— CMS content entry
— Quality assurance management, including functional and design debugging assistance
— General trafficking of issue tracker tickets
Analytical and creative balance, interest in learning different roles, and adaptability are multi-specialty characteristics we look for. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are key to successfully collaborate with our teams and communicate with clients. 4-year college degree or equivalent is required. Applicants must possess 2-4 years of UX design for web. Development skills a plus. Kiosk UX design a plus.
Software we work with:
Sketch, OmniGraffle, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SmartSheets / Gantt chart software, issue tracking and documentation tools such as JIRA/Confluence, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (InDesign, illustrator Photoshop), standard communications software (screen sharing, web conferencing, etc.), web collaboration tools, FTP, etc.
Compensation commensurate with salary history.
Please provide resume and (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with UX/PM in the subject. Email replies only please.