Junior Graphic Designer
C&G Partners is a multi-specialty creative studio, dedicated to design for culture — from cultural organizations to organizational culture. We focus on design and user experience, making sure that our creations are elegant, engaging, seamlessly integrated, and efficient. We do this by creating carefully tailored designs that follow industry standards and best practices, ensuring that our work is not just visually appealing, but also well-built and sustainable.
We have an immediate opening for a junior-level graphic designer for interdisciplinary projects, including print, exhibits and branding, and interactive. This position is ideal for a recent graduate with experience working in a collaborative environment. The designer is involved in the full life of projects: with concept creation, developing options, creating presentations, defending design ideas visually and verbally, oversight and development of final art. We are looking for a designer who is positive, passionate, and has new ideas she or he is eager to share.
Our studio is unique: we undertake projects that involve multiple kinds of in-house design specialists at the same time, from media designers, to architects, graphic designers, writers and more. Projects will always encompass more than one design discipline, and we welcome designers who are interested in working across fields.
• Excellent typography skills
• Well-versed in working with imagery, color, and grids
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• HTML, AfterEffects, SketchUp or other 3d modeling software are all a plus but are not required
• Experience reading architectural drawings is a big plus
• Positive attitude and takes criticism well
• Self-motivated and independent thinker with strong communication skills
• Organized and able to follow up on long and short-term projects
• Flexibility to work independently and be a team player when necessary
• Ability and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
Compensation commensurate with experience. Please provide portfolio link and professional references. Please send applications to: email@example.com with "Jr. Graphic Designer" in the subject line. Email replies only please.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. C&G Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. The office is conveniently located at Union Square, and snack time is at 3:30.
NOTE: Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.