Mid- to Senior-Level Exhibit Designer
C&G Partners is a multi-specialty creative studio, dedicated to design for culture—from cultural organizations to organizational culture. We focus on design and user experience, making sure that our creations are elegant, engaging, seamlessly integrated, and efficient. We do this by creating carefully tailored designs that follow industry standards and best practices, ensuring that our work is not just visually appealing, but also well-built and sustainable.
We follow a rigorous design process to ensure the highest quality in every project. In our day to day work, we encourage exploring new methodologies and insights to improve our processes, and we are always learning and growing, so we look to each team member to contribute in every way. We are seeking candidates who are positive, resourceful, and passionate about their work.
We have an immediate opening for Mid- to Senior-level Exhibit Designer. This is a temporary position through January 2018, with a possible extension through June 2018. This is a full-time position, working out of our Manhattan studio. The successful candidate will have 3–5 years of experience developing construction documentation for prime exhibit fabricators. Please include examples of design documents and performance specifications with your application.
• Work under supervision of a founding partner to translate creative ideas into organized design documentation for exhibit fabrication, to realize creative vision on the highest level possible
• Collaborate and coordinate work with team, including senior advisor, graphic designer, content writers, and other sub-consultants
• Liaise with exhibit fabricator, project architect, and client
• Help plan project timelines
• Prior experience of creating design documentation for exhibits at value of $500,000-to-$1 Million a must
• Knowledge of Rhino, Revit, Sketchup and Vray, or equivalent extremely important
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, and Google’s G Suite applications
• B.Arch or M.Arch degree preferred, or equivalent in product, interior, or other design
• Excellent command of verbal and written English language
• Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, and demonstrate attention to detail
• Experience working with media and designing interactive installations
• Interest and prior experience working on astronomy, science exhibits and planetariums will be helpful
Compensation commensurate with salary history. Please provide portfolio link, professional references, and samples of design documentation. Please send applications to email@example.com with “Mid to Senior-Level Exhibit Designer” in the subject line. Email replies only please.