C&G Partners LLC is looking for the ideal candidate to fill the role of Systems Manager. This person will be a highly motivated and organized individual who is capable of managing their own schedule, while performing a critical role in the day-to-day operation of the firm.
The Systems Manager’s primary function is to maintain as well as improve upon the IT infrastructure at C&G, and in the process, facilitate the firm’s design work. As a member of C&G Partners’ Operations staff, the Systems Manager interfaces with every design team at the firm and must be able to effectively prioritize and meet their needs. Excellent communication skills are crucial, as the role requires the System Manager to express complicated technical information to a variety of users with different levels of technical aptitude. The Systems Manager is sometimes a client facing role and as such; the ideal candidate will adhere to communication strategies set forth by the various design teams.
• Assisting the Operations team by facilitating the flow of incoming and outgoing staff, and managing databases of mission critical information such as usernames/passwords, network information and software licenses
• Creating and adhering to data retention policies for onsite and offsite backup; training teams in best practices while managing project archives
• Managing, maintaining, and deploying critical applications and licenses for software such as Adobe’s products, Microsoft Office products, Rhino and Vray rendering software, as well as others. Proficiency in these applications is not required, but ideal candidate will be able to effectively troubleshoot issues using available tools
• Managing office hardware ranging from Apple OS X servers, Canon printers and plotters, iOS and Android devices, etc.
• Managing AV and teleconferencing hardware and software for intra-office use while maintaining relationships with mission critical vendors and regularly researching and proposing office tech upgrades
• Assisting design teams by acquiring, testing and maintaining prototyping hardware and software; providing technical training sessions to help achieve project goals
• 2-5 years IT experience at a small to mid sized company; must be able to a manage an ongoing queue of requests and prioritize appropriately
• Proficiency in the Apple OS X, Mac OS, and iOS ecosystems as well as Microsoft’s Windows environment
• Ideal candidate will be self-motivated and capable of building their own schedule around the needs of the Operations team and the firm at large; must be prepared to regularly communicate this schedule to the Operations Manager
• The ideal candidate excels at communicating technical ideas in a clear and concise manner while keeping detailed records
• Experience maintaining small to mid sized company firewalls
• Experience managing a small team
• Experience using team based project management software such as Atlassian’s Confluence, 37Signals’ Basecamp, etc.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Please provide resume, and professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Systems Manager" in the subject line. Email replies only please.