C&G Partners, an established New York City multi-specialty design studio, seeks a mid-level UX/UI designer for website and locations-based interactive design. We are looking for a UX/UI designer with 1-3 years experience, who is a highly organized self-starter, analytical, attuned to content, attentive to details, and able to communicate with clients, other designers, and developers, to help deliver high-quality website and interactive projects on strategy, on time, and on budget. Our studio is unique: we undertake projects for culture that involve multiple kinds of in-house design specialists at the same time, from media designers, to architects, graphic designers, content developers, coders and more.
UX/UI tasks and responsibilities may be in a leading or supporting role, depending on the complexity of the project and experience of the candidate:
- Support the creation of user and stakeholder interview guides and surveys; conduct interviews and research
- Author user personae and develop strategic project objectives
- Conduct content audits and competitive reviews
- Develop experience strategies and content strategies
- Develop feature lists and requirements
- Develop information architecture and design navigation models
- Plan and conduct card sorting, navigation testing, and usability testing
- Develop and maintain content matrices
- Design wireframes, with sensitivity towards content, systems, and information design
- Design interfaces that are innovative and meet industry standards, including accessibility
- Experience with Sketch, Invision or similar UX/UI tools
- Strong foundation in graphic design methodologies, typography, color and grids and composition is a must
People with analytical/creative balance, who are interested and proactive to quickly adapt to and learn different roles, are multi-specialty characteristics we look for. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are key to successfully collaborate with our teams and communicate with clients. 4-year college design degree or equivalent is required. Applicants must possess 1-3 years of UX/UI design for web.
Sketch, Invision, OmniGraffle, Microsoft Office Suite,G-Suite Applications, issue tracking and documentation tools such as JIRA/Confluence, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
Compensation commensurate with salary history. Please provide a resume and (3) professional references to email@example.com with “UX/UI Designer” in the subject. Email replies only please.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. C&G Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. C&G is currently working remotely (not in the office) during the pandemic. We prefer candidates that could join us physically at our Union Square office when we hope the office re-opens later this year. However, we will also review applications from candidates who will continue to work remotely from another location even after we return to the office.
NOTE: Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.