The annual MCN2015 Conference runs November 4-7, 2015 in Minneapolis. Leaders in the museum, design and technology world will gather to share the latest in digital cultural heritage and meet colleagues.
Alin Tocmacov, Associate Partner, C&G Partners will join an esteemed group of speakers from Locatify, Sheffield Hallam University, and The Metropolitan Museum of Art, on the panel session How Will Museums Change With The Application of Indoor Location Technology?
The panel will discuss these questions:
– Is BLE a revolutionary technology for museums, shops and galleries?
– BLE, Wi-Fi, Gyro, compass, GPS, NFC, LED -Are all these technologies applicable for museums and galleries?
– Are they deployed in isolation or together for the future design of museum venues and exhibits?
– How practical is the use of Bluetooth Low Energy beacons for providing indoor location information to Smartphones and tablets for museums?
– Will this change the way venues are designed?
– How does the use of an automatic museum guide device change the museum experience and perception for the guest?
– How will the roles of content provider change with more interaction of guest for indoor location based games and for providing other direct information?
– There are many technologies available for indoor and outdoor locationing of the user. The discussion will revolve around these technologies and how they can benefit museums.
Alin Tocmacov, Associate Partner, C&G Partners
Leifur Björn Björnsson, Co-founder, Locatify
Luigina Cioifi, Sheffield Hallam University
Marco Castro, The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Friday November 6, 2015
10:15am – 11:15am
Calhoun (Hyatt Regency Minneapolis 1300 Nicollet Mall Minneapolis, MN 55403)
View the MCN2015 Conference Schedule